Monday, February 20, 2012

What to say to mother who lost a child?

A very beloved teacher of mine will be returning to work soon, and I have never been good at finding what to say. Her 12year old son passed away last week and her new-born son will be having open heart surgery in about a month. I was wondering what I could say to her, regarding my sympathies for her loss and my hopes for her other son's health to improve.What to say to mother who lost a child?when my twin brother and younger brother died in a car accident, most people didn't know what to say. I thought it was very nice and a huge relief when a few people said to me, "If you need to talk, I'll listen. Not just to be polite, really, I will." Many people say that just to say something and then the person with the loss feels as if they are bothering the person who offered if they do want to talk. Let her know that you are serious and not just saying it to be polite, and that you won't judge anything she has to say. Sometimes, having someone there just to listen, even though it was hard, was the best thing. Just make sure that you mean it, or else she will no longer trust you. God bless.What to say to mother who lost a child?
Sometimes it's best not to say very much. Offer your regrets and let her talk. Listening to those that are hurting and just being there for that person can mean more than a lot of words that can't and won't make her feel better.What to say to mother who lost a child?Thats sad! 2 years ago i lost my brother (he was 20 and i was 11) He died 2 weeks and 3 days before his own birthday! When he died my parents were in the middle of a divorce so my life has been VERY stressful! But you can have your class (or grade) each donate an amount of money (unfortuantly funerals are expensive [$5 each is a good amount]) Then you could make her a card and have everyone in your class/grade sign it.
Missfortunately there麓s a little to say , except for support her in any way you can honestly can.What to say to mother who lost a child?The best thing to do is get a card,put your thoughts in it and leave it on her desk,i'm sure she'll be moved that you are thinking of her.What to say to mother who lost a child?
When God closes a door, He opens another!
what can you say?What to say to mother who lost a child?
In cases like that, there is not much you can say - since such grief cannot easily be put into words|



The best thing to do would be simply to be there as a friend, and just listen without thinking that you have to give an answer|



Knowing that she has someone who can simply listen to her, would be a great relief to her in itself|



But later, you can advise as it seems right to do so|









---
Just say something like my heart goes out to you at this time of your loss. I will be praying ( or lighting a candle or sending good energy) towards your little one during his surgery. You could even write it in a card and give them the card.
A friend of mine lost her second child to miscarriage. I didn't know what to say, but wanted to say something.



I just said " I haven't a clue what to say to you, I just want you to know I am here". What else can you say?
Keeping it simple is best, just saying I'm sorry, and I'll be thinking about you, or praying for you, is enough to let her know you care.
I have known several people who have lost their children. Tell her that you are so sorry for her loss and that you are keeping her and her family in your prayers.



One thing that is hard for people who have lost children is that people begin to avoid them. The best thing to do is to always treat them with kindness and a warm smile and ask how they're doing. Take their lead. . . you can also tell her that you're there to talk to if she wants, but you understand if she doesn't want to talk about it.



That's really nice that you want to reach out to her. She'll appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment