Thursday, February 23, 2012

How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??

My wife suffers from life-long clinical depression. She was sexually abused as a child, then paraded around in Miss Teen USA pageants against her will. She has had teachers, parents and even a mental health counselor come on to her. She needs professional help to get over the depression and low self-esteem.



Is there somewhere she can go for a few weeks for an intensive sort of "rehab" as she calls it for depression for women? She wants a place that is safe from guys coming on to her. She just can't take that again while she is trying to get better.



We are currently in NJ and we are residents of NH. I hate to admit it but we are poor. I was recently laid off and she has part time work. I am not back to work yet. We have no savings and no health insurance. I don't know where to turn, but I need to help my wife. She is the most AMAZING person, and I'd do anything for her. I need to help her find a way to get help with this. Can anyone suggest anything? Thank you!How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??I would definitely see if you might qualify for Medicaid. I live in NC, so I don't know specifically how the mental health system is set up in NJ or NH, but there has to be some sort of county or state mental health facilities that will offer services on a sliding scale. I would start looking on your county's website and see what services they offer. Many private service providers (at least here in NC) will also offer services on a sliding scale so you might want to call around and ask - it couldn't hurt!

Best of luck to you in your wife!How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??
Your state should have a program that will pay for anything that has to do with mental health/depression issues. Go to the dept of human services and ask to get on medicaid. You might need it in case something else happens (heaven forbid), Considering your circumstances you should be able to get it.How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??Call some of the larger clinics and ask abotu sliding scale fees...



You might try this one, most of them offer help beyond substancew abuse if you ask them... We have one here.



http://alcoholism.about.com/od/tx_nj/qt/鈥?/a>
I feel very sorry for the problem that you %26amp; your wife are having.But their is light at the end of the tunnel. If you don't have money right now. You should write to Oprah or Dr. Phil they are really good people And they can help your wife get the help that she needs. But if you really want to help your wife Sir, Then you should start looking for another type of work. Anything right now. Inorder to help bring money into the home.How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??You can always apply for medicaid. and if your income is low enough you will qualify. you says your currently in NJ? is that where she is working part time? or is it NH? I live in NH so if u would like to Email me i could tell you a few places that are "rehab"How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??
Send her to this site: http://www.fhu.com



It will help her more than the mental health people (some of whom are mentally ill themselves) and there's a lot of low cost material available and some for free.
all i know nyc mount sinai hospital is the best for mental health thraphy n they have program where you dont have to pay nothin...and in pa theres is just a sliding fee..

as for women only never heard of it i know when u get locked up in the 3rd floor they to seperate the rooms and no misconduct behavior is tolerated.How Can a Woman with a Low Income Get Mental Health Care??
Well I myself suffer from bipolar, Here in california has a wonderful health plan, I dont know what its like in NJ, but anyways when I was In one of my melt down, I had to go to the J ward, It was sort of a mental rehab, check out your local hospital for help. Go to the local welfare office, since youre low income, and get some public assistance with medical care, Im sure it couldnt hurt. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment