Monday, February 20, 2012

If I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?

Tampa, Florida - long story short my 5 month old child is not safe nor well taken care of when with these people. i never leave my child alone with them b/c they do not know what they are doing in the least and assume instead of asking me questions. When i try to correct the situation i get blown up on. and i feel my child health is at risk when visiting the grandparents. i have recently flipped my lid and do not wish them to see my child anymore. they have never been supportive towards my child's well being or providing anything that my child needs. from the time i was pregnant to now that my child is 5 months old. All i am asking is If the grandparents of my child have rights to my child even though their son and i were not married when we had our daughter and still aren't. i wish to remove them completely and easily as possible b/c they have never been anything but negative in our lives since day one. The father agrees with me but is guilt tripped all the time b/c they want to see her. my side of the family has barely seen her or met her in most cases b/c of where we live and financial reasons. i fear for my daughters health and well being. and if i must i will take this to court but i need a little info before doing so. or to see if i even have to.If I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?His parents have no rights to the child (nor do your parents), being married or not has nothing to do with it.



As long as the parents are still fit, grandparents have no inherent parental rights.If I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?
If you want do not let them have the kid, they can always sue in court for visitation. But you can ask it be supervised.If I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?grandparents have very few legal rights.If I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?
if you are in agreement i hardly thing they would stand a good chance in court, besides before it goes that long let them be the ones who take it too court



they may not even think in those terms, but just accept it if you both say no, another thing is if they just want too see her, you dont have too leave her alone with them



they can come visit you guys when they want too see her, or you can bring her over so they can see her while you guys visit, you do not have too leave her in their charge or under their supervisionIf I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?You do not have to legally allow the grandparents of your child to see her. They can legally seek visitation rights through the courts. Here is a law article about grandparents and visitation: http://www.slaterkennon.com/articles/gra鈥?/a> But the process is a bit involved. If they do seek visitation rights, you have the right to present why you think it would be against the best interests of your child and then it is up to the judge to decide.If I am not married to the father of my child does his parents have grand parental rights?
Of course they do. You don't have to be married to have offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment